Our Regional Partners
Planters at Kirkstall Forge
#TeamSkillMill have been busy creating planters at Kirkstall Forge. They have designed and installed them at the brand new railway station. Our partnership with CEG has led to our team being heavily involved with the Kirkstall Forge development.
Originally the site was one of the oldest most continuously used industrial sites in England. The new development will breathe life back into this historic site, re-establishing Kirkstall as an integral and prosperous part of the city.
Posters for People
The team installed some of the Posters for People on a number of ionic Leeds buildings.
Supporting Local Charities
The team have delivered 22 tons of clothing and accessories for local charity, Left Bank Leeds. The stock was delivered to another charity, St Vincent’s Support Centre, and placed safely in their warehouse.
Shed Build & Paving
The Skill Mill provides employment opportunities in water and land based management, helping to reduce flood risk and improve the local environment. In turn, this brings social and environmental benefits to communities by involving local people directly in the delivery of services.
COVID-19: The Skill Mill Leeds Resume Operations
The Skill Mill Leeds successfully resumed operations last week. The Skill Mill has devised a plan the intention of which is to provide a standardised approach to commencing projects in England which incorporates the COVID-19 public health requirements. Find out more.
CEG Kirkstall Forge
The team at Leeds Skill Mill have been busy working on the Kirkstall Forge site.
Completed jobs include:
- A general clearance of the site entrance area. Including cutting back vegetation and a tidy up of site waste materials such as timber, signage, and Heras fencing.
- Work around the site cottage areas which are listed buildings. This includes moving the Heras fencing to create a larger working area in readiness for work commencing on these buildings, and clearing back the vegetation to make the area more presentable.
- The clearance of the public footpath (again cutting back vegetation and removing general rubbish that had accumulated over recent years) along Kirkstall Road from the site entrance to Burley RUFC.
- Cutting back of invasive species around the listed buildings in the centre of the site.
- General tidy up of the site compound area, knocking down some brick quoins and dressing the bricks.
- Securing the area around the ‘old canteen’ of the Forge by enclosing the area with Heras fencing.
The work so far has resulted in some outstanding feedback from CEG site management and the general public.
The team will be continuing their work whilst receiving training on how to use a DOFF pressure steam cleaning system in preperation for the future Globe Rd project in Leeds.