The team at Leeds Skill Mill have been busy working on the Kirkstall Forge site.
Completed jobs include:
- A general clearance of the site entrance area. Including cutting back vegetation and a tidy up of site waste materials such as timber, signage, and Feras fencing.
- Work around the site cottage areas which are listed buildings. This includes moving the Feras fencing to create a larger working area in readiness for work commencing on these buildings, and clearing back the vegetation to make the area more presentable.
- The clearance of the public footpath (again cutting back vegetation and removing general rubbish that had accumulated over recent years) along Kirkstall Road from the site entrance to Burley RUFC.
- Cutting back of invasive species around the listed buildings in the centre of the site.
- General tidy up of the site compound area, knocking down some brick quoins and dressing the bricks.
- Securing the area around the ‘old canteen’ of the Forge by enclosing the area with Feras fencing.
The work so far has resulted in some outstanding feedback from CEG site management and the general public.
The team will be continuing their work whilst receiving training on how to use a DOFF pressure steam cleaning system in preperation for the future Globe Rd project in Leeds.