The Skill Mill Ltd has an exciting opportunity to join a highly impactful organisation.
The role will support the development of a sustainable local social enterprise and give disadvantaged young people 16+ the opportunity to build relationships and establish a good work ethic and employability and practical skills, whilst being supported to overcome barriers that can result in them failing to obtain or sustain opportunities that lead to sustainable training and employment.
As the local Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing and working alongside a group of young people as they undertake assigned tasks that could involve manual work / gaining a trade in addition to liaising with local partners to provide the team with opportunities to develop employment skills.
The successful candidate will be expected to propose and develop innovative and effective plans to promote the Skill Mill locally, risk assess, cost and plan small works, uphold health and safety requirements and provide progress reports to customers and the Skill Mill management team.
To be considered for this position it is essential that you have experience of direct work with young people who are considered to be at risk. This will include those who are at risk of crime, anti-social behaviour, previously been unemployed and may have had adverse childhood experiences . You will possess previous experience of direct work with young people as well as experience of site / small scale construction / environmental / horticulture works and health and safety at work regulations.
You will be based in Northampton and be expected to work across the county
- Experience of working with young people and helping them develop and achieve their potential.
- Ability to apply best practice when working with young people to enable them to meet their objectives.
- To communicate effectively with colleagues and partners to promote opportunities for young people.
- Ability to work effectively with key partner organisations including criminal justice and businesses
- Knowledge of industry/trade with a strong understanding of Health and Safety.
- Clean Driving Licence as role is expected to transport young people to and from identified work experience provisions.
- Enhanced DBS check is required
- Depending on the success of the 6 months trial and further funding there may be an opportunity to extend the contract longer term.
To apply please send a CV and statement setting out your experience, qualifications and how you meet the requirements of the person specification, to email@example.com.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Davie Parks, Managing Director – tel 07943813771
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term
Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: Covid safe policies are in place with facemask wearing in vehicles and sanitising of vehicle/equipment daily.
Working with young people: 1 year (preferred)